1. Technology
Eric Qualls

How to Import Rock Band 2 Tracks to Rock Band 3

By October 26, 2010

To import the on-disc songs from Rock Band 2 into Rock Band 3, you need to go to the "Get More Songs" menu in Rock Band 3 and select the "Redeem Code" option. The code you need is printed on the back of your Rock Band 2 instruction manual, and the download will also cost 800MSP ($10). This 1.9GB download will bring all of the RB2 songs into RB3 with the exception of -

• AC/DC - "Let There Be Rock"
  • Journey - "Any Way You Want It"
  • Metallica - "Battery"
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
  • Soundgarden - "Spoonman"

All other DLC, including disc exports from Rock Band 1, LEGO Rock Band, and Green Day: Rock Band will already function properly in Rock Band 3 as long as they are already on your hard drive (as in, you've already been using them for Rock Band 2).  If you don't already have them, the import process for those games is the same as above, but you'll need the codes from each game's manual, obviously.

Also, if you no longer have your Rock Band 2 instruction manual, or your code has already been used, you can get a new code from the EA Rock Band support site (Feature currently not active but coming soon) or by calling an EA hotline at (650) 628-1001. These two options were revealed through the official Rock Band Twitter account, so if they don't work blame them, not me.

Comments
October 29, 2010 at 10:59 pm
(1) stupid question says:

i play rockband2 downloaded loads of songs when i import the tracklist to rb3 will all those downloaded songs be imported aswell

October 29, 2010 at 11:48 pm
(2) Xbox Guide says:

Yes. All previous DLC will work with Rock Band 3.

October 30, 2010 at 10:21 am
(3) uhm.... says:

this is kind of frustrating… why would I have to pay an extra 10 dollars for this, why not just use the data on my harddisk or something along those lines… it’s very frustrating that I would need to sink more money into this when they already made me purchase a license for exporting

November 3, 2010 at 8:27 pm
(4) Anonymous says:

Derr its 10$

November 13, 2010 at 2:58 pm
(5) whaaat says:

$10 is $10, just another way they steal from us

December 29, 2010 at 6:52 pm
(6) TM says:

This didn’t work for me until I found this bit of info on the RB site …
“NOTE: International players should enter the first 16 digits of their code directly into their console.”
(the code I had was 25 characters and the Redeem Code bit was only 16)

February 10, 2011 at 3:28 pm
(7) Rock Band Enthusiest(sp?) says:

They are not trying to steal from you. You have to understand that the copyrights that are contracted with all of the artists are defined as specifically for that game. We are lucky we can even copy them to our hard drive for use outside of the rock band version contracted. The $10 is for new copyrights that allow it to be used for multiple versions. You may ask”why not contract them for all versions initially” that would be so expensive for the company to do the price of the rock band game would be ridiculous and you would probably QQ about that.

Long Live Rock Band! Bye bye Guitar Hero.

July 26, 2011 at 11:46 pm
(8) Guitar48300 says:

can I do the opposite, Rock Band 3 songs into Rock Band 2.

September 25, 2011 at 9:53 am
(9) me says:

Rock Band Enthusiest,

No, once you pay the licensing fee to use the song you have unlimited use, within reason. The $10 does not apply to any future use or transfer, it’s simply a fee to collect money where the company sees the opportunity. Right or wrong, that’s up to the user to decide.

April 26, 2012 at 12:32 am
(10) Jason says:

What if I have the RB 2 disc but not the manual? Can I get the code another way?