The Bottom Line
- Great graphics and sound
- Addictive gameplay
- You don't get the full game initially
- 1200 Points + extra for the rest of the modes is a bit rich
- Amazing graphics and sound. Who knew puzzle games could be this much of an aural and visual treat.
- Addictive gameplay.
- Paying for the full game in chunks is expensive, but you don't really need evey mode to have fun.
- Play the demo first. If you like it, buy it.
- If you are bitter about the way the game is being sold, get Lumines on PSP or PS2. Simple as that.
Guide Review - Lumines Live! Review
But then there is the problem that you aren't getting the full game for your 1200 points. Your initial investment gets you 12 levels in challenge mode, a full time trial mode, full Xbox Live play, and a handful of levels in vs. CPU and mission mode that you have to buy later.
Here are my thoughts. The challenge mode is the main mode of the game and the one you'll spend the most time in. You don't need the extra modes to get the full Lumines experience, although you will want to buy the advance pack to get more skins for challenge mode, but all of the other stuff doesn't really matter. Also, I don't really think this release was intended for people that have played the PSP version to death. It is for the casual, XBLA audience that will be playing it for the first time, and I think they will be more than happy with it.
If you are unhappy with the pricing, the PSP and upcoming PS2 version are highly recommended.