The Xbox 360 version of the set comes with four discs - one gameplay and one DLC disc for each game. The games use the same saves as the previous releases of BioShock 1 and 2, so you won't be able to earn the achievements again.
I Heard BioShock 2 Was Bad ...
We still consider BioShock to be one of the best Xbox 360 games ever (our 2007 Xbox 360 Game of the Year), so we don't need to sell you on it, but most people don't realize that BioShock 2 was no slouch either. BioShock 2 has kind of a bad reputation - it wasn't as critically successful as the first game and the retail price fell like a rock and it was quickly forgotten - but it definitely isn't a bad game (and was actually one of our Top 10 Xbox 360 Games of 2010). BioShock 2's problem was more that it took place in Rapture again - a different part of Rapture and one that had gone through 10 additional years of disrepair, mind you, but still Rapture - so the thrill of exploration and discovery was gone and the experience suffered. Outside of that, however, pretty much everything else in BioShock 2 is far superior to BioShock 1 - the core shooting gameplay is better, you can use plasmids and weapons at the same time, puzzles were better, hacking was better - BioShock 2 is unquestionably the better playing game, it just doesn't ever quite match the same thrills that exploring Rapture for the first time provided.
At any rate, if you have been avoiding BioShock 2 because of its reputation or because you think it is somehow a bad game, now is the time to finally play it. You'll be pleasantly surprised by how good it is.
Extras & DLC
Aside from the two full games, the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition includes a ton of DLC and other features.
- Museum of Orphaned Content - Explore a museum in Rapture to see never before seen concept art and character models.
- BioShock 1 Plasmids Pack - Gives you four additional plasmids and gene tonics.
- BioShock 1 Challenge Rooms Pack - Lets Xbox 360 players experience the previously PS3 exclusive puzzle-based challenge rooms.
- BioShock 2 Multiplayer Add-Ons - Sinclair Solutions Tester (extra character customization items), Rapture Metro (6 new MP maps and ups the MP level cap to 50).
- BioShock 2 Single-Player Add-Ons - The Precursor Trials, and Minerva's Den (one of the best pieces of SP DLC for any game on Xbox 360 ...).
- BioShock Infinite Sticker Pack Real world stickers to hype you up for BioShock Infinite, coming March 26th, 2013 in NA.
The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is a solid deal all around for just $30. If you haven't played them, this is the perfect place to start. For more information on similar "Ultimate" releases of Xbox 360 games, check out our Guide to Ultimate, GOTY, and Complete Edition Xbox 360 Games.