Tips & Tools
By Eric Qualls, About.com Guide
- System Care and Maintenance
- Gamerscore and Achievements
- Gaming Culture
- Controllers, Wheels, and Arcade Stick Reviews
- Other Accessories You Might Need
System Care and Maintenance
Keeping your system clean and putting it in the right spot can make the difference between years of service or a sudden breakdown. Find out how to keep your systems, as well as your games, in top shape here.
- How To Store And Maintain Your Game Systems
- How To Store And Maintain Your Games And Cases
- How To Keep Your Controllers Clean
- GameKeeper Wire Gaming Storage Rack
Gamerscore and Achievements
One of the best features of the Xbox 360 is that each and every game has in-game goals called achievements that you can accomplish, and each one as a point value associated with it. Achievements and the Gamerscore points attached to them can be pretty addictive, and can cause you to play games you might not otherwise play or to play further in games you might have given up on just to get a few more precious points. And playing more games is always a good thing.
- What Are Achievements?
- What Is A Gamerscore?
- List Of The Best And Worst Games For Easy Achievements
- Resource Links for Gamerscore Addicts
- The Dark Side of Achievements
Being an Xbox fan is more than just owning the systems and playing the games. There are DVDs and books and movies and all sorts of other videogame-related things out there in the world to enjoy.
- Top 8 Videogame Movies
- Top 10 Movie Videogames
- Videogame Horror vs. Movie Horror
- Halo Book Reviews
- Halo 3 Action Figures
- Red vs. Blue Season 1
- Red vs. Blue Season 2
- Red vs. Blue Season 3
- Red vs. Blue Season 4
- Red vs. Blue Season 5
Controllers, Wheels, and Arcade Stick Reviews
Along with your new system, you might want to pick up an extra controller, steering wheel, arcade stick, or more, and we have recommendations for all of them.
- Hori EX2 Xbox 360 Arcade Stick
- Gamester RacePac Steering Wheel (Xbox, PS2)
- Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive
- Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera
- MadCatz MC2 360 Steering Wheel
- Logitech Cordless Precision Xbox Controller
- XGaming X-Arcade Stick (Xbox, PS2)
- Fanatec Speedster 3 Force Shock Xbox Steering Wheel
Other Accessories You Might Need
In addition to controllers and steering wheels and that sort of thing, you also might need wireless adapters to connect to Xbox Live, a system selector so you can switch between different A/V devices, or you might want to hook your game system up to your computer. We have recommendations for all of these items right here.
- Turtle Beach Ear Force X3 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech Play Link Wireless Internet Adapter (Xbox)
- Pelican System Selector Pro